Saturday, March 03, 2007

Knitty Gritty


Oh my things are moving along. I just finished this penguin from Knitty.com: http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTpasha.html

I'll have to post a picture of my finished penguin. He looks a little different than the designer's finished product. I didn't use plastic eyes and I stuffed the beak a little more than she did.

I have to decide if I think it looks good enough to give as a gift. It was intended for a babyshower. Hrm. Maybe it'll just go to my dog. He's been eyeing it...

Next project: the felted bag from Stitch n Bitch Nation. I love brightly colored bags, and I'm knitting this one with pink, red, white, and a thin stripe of lemon drop. It's going to be crazy eye catching. I rarely knit things for myself- this one I might keep. Although my lovely and talented step sis is just about to graduate from Vet school and I need a gift for her. Maybe I'll make her the laptop bag.

In other news, I'm trying to decide on classes for next quarter, and wrapping this one up. I have no desire to work. I want to knit all day! I have 2 classes down that I'm definetely taking: theory of something er other, and then sociology of religion. My third choice is going to either be film theory or a class called "being animal being human," which seems right up my alley. I have no idea which way to go.

In other news, my clouds have blown away and I'm much happier. I think I just had to remember that I'm just myself, moving through life, doing what I can for me. I think it's better, in the end, to try and view everyone around you horizontally and not vertically. Not ranking and comparing, but being interested in them next to you, if that makes any sense.

Teaching is over this quarter, and I'm kind of bummed about that. Maybe I'll get another teaching assignment for next quarter, but I doubt it. Probably just another round of glorified grading. Oh well.

Anyway- let's see if I can't finagle a picture of Roald here. I've named the penguin Roald after a character in Animal Crossing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home